Serve this mix of black beans, tomatoes, onions, green pepper & rice with your favorite Mexican dish.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 can (15 oz) BUSH'S® Black Beans, drain and reserve juices
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 2 cup cooked rice
- Lime wedges (optional)
- In large skillet, heat olive oil; cook onion and green pepper until crisp tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, thyme and garlic salt; cook 3 minutes.
- Add vinegar, pepper sauce, and reserved juices continue to cook 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with lime wedge (optional).