Our Garbanzo Beans are used in place of flour in this sweet, orange-scented coffeecake.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Servings: 12
- 4 cans (16 oz) BUSH'S® Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cans (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch springform baking pan. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper. Grease once again over the wax paper, dust with all- purpose flour.
- Place beans and cinnamon stick in large saucepan. Cover beans with fresh water; bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain beans; place in large bowl, mash until smooth.
- Combine milk, orange juice, orange zest, eggs, and butter in a food processor. Process until smooth. Stir processed egg mixture and 1 cup raisins into mashed garbanzo beans.
- Sift the cornstarch and baking powder over garbanzo bean mixture. Stir to incorporate.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool before inverting onto serving plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and remaining orange zest and garnish with remaining raisins.