BUSH'S® Kidney Beans are firm enough to stand up to the hours of simmering this slow-cooker recipe calls for. The simple ingredients blend together for a creamy soup that's pure comfort in a bowl.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Kidney Beans, drained
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp white or black pepper
- 6 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded Colby cheese
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook 4-5 hours on low.
- Before serving, stir in cheese. Cover and cook an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.