Hearty BUSH'S® Great Northern Beans make this vegetarian sandwich deliciously filling.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 can (15.8 oz) BUSH'S® Great Northern Beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 8 slices whole wheat or other crusted bread
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Brush butter on outer side of each slice of bread.
- Add half of the beans to a bowl and mash gently with a potato masher or the back of a fork. Stir in remaining whole beans. Spread evenly on the inner side of 4 slices of bread.
- Mix onion, celery, mayonnaise and salt in the bean bowl; spread on top of beans. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and top with remaining slices of bread, buttered side facing up.
- Using a panini press, baking sheet or skillet, toast the melts on both sides. Let rest several minutes so cheese does not run when cut. Cut and serve.