A chowder loaded with our Crowder Peas and other vegetables to warm you right up.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 10 cups
- 1 can (15 oz) BUSH'S® Crowder Peas
- 1 Tbsp salad oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 pieces celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 2 cups vegetable juice or water
- 1 can (16 oz) tomatoes and juice
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme or oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or heavy saucepan. Add garlic, carrot, celery and onion. Saute 5 minutes. Add broth, vegetable juice, tomatoes, basil, thyme, salt, pepper, and crowder peas. Bring to boil. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add macaroni. Cook 10-15 minute, stirring occasionally until macaroni is tender.
- Serve in soup bowls topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, if desired.