Recipe created for BUSH'S® Baked Beans® by Chris Grove, author of the outdoor cooking blog, "Nibble Me This" (www.nibblemethis.com).
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 42 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 can (28 oz) BUSH'S® Original Baked Beans
- For Hamburgers:
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 each egg
- 11/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- For Hamburger Filling:
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, diced*
- 4 tsp steak sauce
- 1/2 tsp chile powder
- 4 each hamburger buns
- For Hamburgers: In large bowl mix together beef, egg, salt and pepper, making sure egg and seasonings are evenly distributed throughout mixture.
- Divide mixture into 8 3-ounce portions (use food scale if desired). Using your hands, form each portion into 4-inch-wide patties and place on platter. (Tip: To easily make patties, rinse hands with very cold water and ensure meat is cold prior to forming.)
- For Hamburger Filling: In medium bowl mix cheeses, red peppers, steak sauce and chile powder.
- Using a spoon, place 1/4 of cheese filling in center of each of the 4 patties.
- Carefully place remaining 4 patties on top of filling creating 4 individual hamburgers. Pinch together edges of each hamburger to seal filling.
- Set clean, well-oiled grill to medium heat (400 degrees F). When grill is hot, using a spatula, place hamburgers on grill and cook about 4 minutes. Carefully slide a spatula under each burger and rotate one quarter turn. Grill another 2 minutes (this will create nice sear marks).
- Using a spatula, flip burgers and grill for 3 minutes. Carefully slide a spatula under each burger and rotate one quarter turn. Grill another 3 minutes or until internal temperature is at least 145 degrees F.
- Remove hamburgers from grill and place in hamburger buns.
- Serve with BUSH'S® Original Baked Beans.