BUSH’S® Spicy Creole Chili brings together Creole spices, andouille sausage, and BUSH’S® Kidney Chili Beans for a take on chili with some zesty spice.
Looking for your Recipe Box?
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 12 ounces andouille, cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 2 cups chopped white onion
- 1-1 ½ cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (28 ounces) Hunt’s® Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 cans (16 ounces) each BUSH’S® Kidney Chili Beans, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) Ro*Tel® Hot Diced Tomatoes with Habaneros, undrained
- Sour cream and chopped parsley, optional
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken, sausage and 1 teaspoon chili powder; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove meat mixture from saucepan; set aside.
- Add onion, pepper and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add cumin, paprika, salt and remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder; cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until spices are fragrant.
- Return cooked meat mixture to saucepan; stir in crushed tomatoes, beans and undrained tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until mixture is hot. Top each serving with sour cream and parsley, if desired.