Created for BUSH'S® Beans by Liz Weiss, registered dietitian, co-founder of the family-friendly food blog, "Meal Makeover Moms' Kitchen" at MealMakeoverMoms.com/kitchen, Kiwi magazine freelance writer, & mom.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 hours
- Total Time: 7 hours 5 minutes
- Servings: 12
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Pinto Beans or BUSH'S® Reduced Sodium Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 lbs pork loin, trimmed of all visible fat
- 1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce (mild, medium or hot)
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 10 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- *Optional Toppings:
- Shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded romaine lettuce, reduced fat sour cream
- Place the pork, beans, enchilada sauce, carrot, and salsa in the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- When the meat is done, carefully remove the lid of the slow cooker. Using two forks, pull the meat apart into shredded pieces and mix with the sauce.
- Place the tortillas on a plate and heat on high in the microwave until warm, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Use a slotted spoon or tongs to divide the pork mixture evenly and put it in the center of each tortilla.
- Add *optional toppings as desired and roll up burrito style, slice in half, and serve.