The flavors of four delicious ingredients (including our Blackeye Peas) blend together to make this quick-to-prepare, hearty side dish.
These recipes were created with our gluten-free friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 can (15.8 oz) BUSH'S® Blackeye Peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz) seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
- Cook bacon in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel; set aside.
- Cook onion in drippings in skillet until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in blackeye peas and tomatoes; simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with reserved bacon and serve warm.