BUSH'S® Black Beans and Southern Pit Barbecue Grillin' Beans® combine with grits, eggs and cheese to fuel your day.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian and gluten-free friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 12
- 1 can (15.5 oz) BUSH'S® Black Beans
- 1 can (8.6 oz) BUSH'S® Pop-Top Southern Pit Barbecue Grillin' Beans®
- 1 cup quick cooking grits
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (4.5 oz) green chilies, chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Cooking spray
- Hot sauce, salt and pepper
- Cook grits according to package. While grits are cooking, drain and rinse Black Beans in colander.
- When grits are thickened and cooked through, pour into large mixing bowl and add Black Beans, Grillin’ Beans, 1 cup of cheese and green chilies; stir in milk and eggs until combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9"x13" casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour in grit/bean mixture and spread an even layer on bottom of dish. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- (TIP: At this point, the dish can be covered and placed in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours until ready to bake and serve. When removing from refrigerator, uncover and allow to stand for 15 minutes before placing in oven.)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden and edges are bubbling. Let cool 10 minutes. Serve with optional toppings, if desired.