This recipe was kid-tested, kid-approved by 50 families from across the country on the BUSH'S® Beans Moms & Kids Panel. "The flavors went good together," Hannah, 8-year-old from Florida
These recipes were created with our vegetarian friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 can (15.8 oz) BUSH'S® Great Northern Beans, drained or BUSH'S® cannellini Beans
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 cups diced assorted bell peppers (red, yellow and green)
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked according to box directions (reserve the pasta water)
- 4 Tbsp pepperoncinis (fresh or jarred), cored, seeded, sliced thin
- 5 Tbsp canned, chopped, black ripe olives
- 4 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan over low heat. Add garlic, cook 3 minutes. Increase heat to high, add beans and peppers. Saute 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pasta pot according to directions.
- Drain cooked pasta and reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. Add pepperoncini, olives, parsley, lemon juice and bean and pepper mixture to the large pasta pot, add pasta and water, toss well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour in a large serving bowl and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve hot or cold. Let sit in refrigerator for 1 hour to serve cold.