This savory soup, created by Sarah-Jane Bedwell, RD, blends flavorful BUSH’S® Reduced Sodium Garbanzo Beans with kale and Mexican-style chorizo. With a prep time of only 5 minutes, it’s a quick and easy recipe your family will love.
Looking for your Recipe Box?
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 2 cans (15 oz) BUSH'S® Reduced Sodium Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ounces Mexican-style pork chorizo
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 each cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional Toppings:
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, nonfat Greek yogurt, crusty bread
- Spray large pan with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Cook chorizo, breaking up with spoon and stirring while cooking, until cooked through and no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until tender, stirring constantly. Be careful not to let garlic burn. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat broth over medium heat in large pot until warm.
- Add chorizo, veggie mixture and BUSH’S® Reduced Sodium Garbanzo Beans to pot with broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Partially mash beans with potato masher.
- Stir in kale and pepper and continue to cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Serve warm with desired optional toppings.