Recipe created for BUSH'S® Baked Beans by Maria Lichty, author of cooking, baking and entertaining blog, "Two Peas and Their Pod" (www.TwoPeasAndTheirPod.com).
These recipes were created with our vegetarian friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 can (28 oz) BUSH'S® Vegetarian Baked Beans
- 4 each large Portobello mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 each sandwich buns or rolls
- Optional Toppings:
- Tomato slices, red onion, lettuce, mustard, ketchup
- Place mushrooms on platter. Using brush, lightly brush olive oil on both sides of mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set clean, well-oiled grill to medium heat. When grill is hot, using spatula, place mushrooms on grill smooth side down and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Flip mushrooms using spatula and grill 4-5 minutes.
- Place cheese on top of each mushroom. Cook 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Using spatula, remove mushrooms from grill and place in buns or rolls. Add optional toppings, as desired.
- Serve with BUSH'S® Vegetarian Baked Beans.