With the added kick of cayenne pepper, this Blackeye Peas recipe is great with pork chops, ham, or served all by itself.
These recipes were created with our gluten-free friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6 cups
- 1 can (42 oz) BUSH'S® Blackeye Peas
- 1 Tbsp bacon drippings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup leftover cooked ham pieces, or more as desired
- Heat bacon drippings in heavy saucepan. Add onion and cook until soft. Add blackeye peas with the liquid in the can, pepper, and ham pieces.
- Bring to a boil. Stir. Lower heat and simmer 30 minutes or longer, stirring occasionally.