"This is really good, good, good!" Clayton, 6 years old, ND & Member of the BUSH'S® Beans Moms & Kids Panel.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 can (15 oz) BUSH'S® Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) whole tomatoes with juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped jalapeno peppers
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced onion, divided
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 lb cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cups crumbled tortilla chips
- Sliced avocado
- Sour cream
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; brown slightly.
- Combine chicken (with pan juices), onion, broth, tomato sauce, cayenne, corn, potatoes and red pepper in slow cooker. Top with beans.
- Cover and cook 3-4 hours on low.
- Place tomatoes, jalapeno pepper and garlic in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan. Add 1/2 cup of the onions, saute until golden brown. Add tomato puree; cook until reduced to a thick paste (like tomato paste, about 8-10 minutes).
- Add beans and stock; bring to a simmer 1-2 minutes. Add chicken and spinach, stir to wilt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add tortilla chips and toss to coat. Once the tortillas have started to wilt, serve with the remaining chopped onions. Garnish with sliced avocado and sour cream, if desired.