"My kids love these. When the neighbor kids came over, they ate them up too!" Debbie, MA - Member of the BUSH'S® Beans Moms & Kids Panel.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes with juice
- 8 mini whole wheat buns
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic; cook until it starts to turn golden brown. Add the chili powder and paprika; cook for 30 seconds. Add tomato paste, ground turkey, salt and pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the meat is partially cooked.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, and beans; bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- To serve: toast mini whole wheat buns, top with Sloppy Joe mix. Sprinkle with scallions.