Our tender Garbanzo Beans perfectly complement crisp romaine and crunchy croutons in this update to the classic Caesar salad.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Garbanzo Beans, drained
- 1/2 cup Caesar dressing
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, torn into 2- or 3-inch pieces
- 1 cup toasted croutons
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 lemon wedges
- 4 anchovy fillets (optional)
- Place beans in a 2-quart saucepan. Cover with water and bring just to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer about 5 minutes. Drain water and stir in 3 tablespoons of dressing.
- In a large salad bowl, gently toss romaine pieces, croutons and beans with remaining dressing until evenly coated.
- Divide salad mix into 4 chilled salad bowls; top each with cheese, pepper, a lemon wedge and anchovies, if desired.