This spicy dish combines our Blackeye Peas with chopped peppers for a distinct southern flavor, great for any time of year—not just for New Years!
Looking for your Recipe Box?
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 2 cans (15.8 oz) BUSH'S® Blackeye Peas with Snaps, undrained
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups white rice, cooked
- Salsa (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook onion, peppers and ham in oil for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain blackeye peas, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
- Add blackeye peas, reserved liquid and hot pepper sauce to ham mixture; stir to combine.
- Spoon over rice.
- Top with salsa and sour cream, if desired.