Dinner is on the table in under an hour with this easy, one-skillet chicken dish, made with plump, delicious BUSH'S® Kidney Beans.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 4
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH’S® Kidney Beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant white rice
- 1 lb chicken tenders or boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables, bay leaf and thyme. Cook 2 minutes. Stir in rice; cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken and beans, season lightly with salt and pepper. Slowly stir in stock and lemon juice.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cover; simmer 6-8 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, partially remove lid. Let stand 10 minutes to release steam.
- Remove bay leaf and fluff in parsley and crushed red pepper.