The smoky aroma of ham flavors the broth of this comforting soup, while our Blackeye Peas add delicious heartiness.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 2 cans (15.8 oz) BUSH'S® Blackeye Peas, drained
- 2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or canned spinach, drained
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cooked white or brown rice (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker except spinach, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and rice.
- Cover and cook 4-5 hours on low.
- Stir in spinach, red pepper flakes and lemon juice
- Cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice before serving, if desired.