An easy vegetarian recipe with zing. Poblano chiles are stuffed with BUSH'S® Vegetarian Baked Beans, peppers and onions, then covered with cheese and grilled.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian and gluten-free friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 6
- 1 can (28 oz) BUSH'S® Vegetarian Baked Beans, drained
- 6 large poblano chilies*
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped**
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 12 oz Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack, coarsely grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut poblano chilies in half lengthwise to create a boat for filling; scrape out seeds.*
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Add onion, garlic, jalapenos, red bell pepper, cilantro and cumin and cook over medium heat until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vegetarian baked beans, hot sauce and 8 ounces cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed chilies and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Preheat grill to medium.Arrange chilies on grill away from heat. Cook until chilies are tender and cheese is browned and bubbling, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from grill and serve at once.