Protein packed and nutritious, try our Mediterranean Orzo Salad with Organic Beans. It is as flavorful as it is easy!
Looking for your Recipe Box?
- Prep Time: 25 minutes (plus 2 hours or overnight for chilling)
- Total Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1-½ cups orzo, uncooked
- 1 can (16 ounces) BUSH’S® Organic Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (16 ounces) BUSH’S® Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup red onion, diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss tomatoes in olive oil and salt, roast on a baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- In saucepan, add broth and orzo. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook until orzo is firm but tender, about 7 minutes. Drain orzo, transfer to large bowl. Add beans and remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill for 2 hours or overnight.