Onions, pepper, celery and spices add flavor and crunch to this easy rice and beans skillet dinner, made with BUSH'S® Dark Red Kidney Beans.
Looking for your Recipe Box?
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- Salt and pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, celery, garlic and spices. Cook 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in beans and stock. Stir in rice; cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in green onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.