So easy and so delicious, with a citrus twist. This chicken chili is prepared with tender BUSH'S® Garbanzo Beans and fresh lemon juice, then topped with feta cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
Looking for your Recipe Box?
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Garbanzo Beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp dried leaf oregano
- 1 can (16 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, green pepper and oregano. Cook 3-4 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add tomatoes, lemon juice, chicken, stock and beans. Lower heat; simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Serve topped with cheese and parsley.