Grilled, skewered chicken chunks are served with a vibrant, fruity chilled rice and Garbanzo Bean mixture.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 lbs skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups fat free Italian salad dressing
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups instant brown rice*
- 1 cup canned diced pineapple in juice, drain juice and reserve
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes; place in pie pan and top with Italian dressing. Put in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
- In saucepan, bring orange juice, water and olive oil to a boil. Add brown rice and mix together. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl and stir in garbanzo beans, pineapple, green onion, and orange zest.
- In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, paprika and 1/3 cup of reserved pineapple juice. Add to bean mixture and toss. Refrigerate three hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, put chicken on skewers and cook on grill, until there is no pink in the middle. Serve kebob warm with chilled brown rice.