A traditional Louisiana favorite, made with our flavorful Kidney Beans. Serve on rice with cornbread.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- 3 cans (16 oz) BUSH'S® Kidney Beans, with liquid
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 14 oz fully cooked sausage (such as andouille), cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 canss (16 oz) diced tomatoes with basil
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- Hot sauce
- 4 cups fully cooked rice, kept warm
- Corn bread
- Heat oil in large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, pepper and celery and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except rice and cornbread, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add hot sauce, to taste.
- Serve on rice with cornbread.