When you think "sweet," you may not automatically think "beans." But this cake, with pureed BUSH'S® Baked Beans with Honey, will change your mind.
Looking for your Recipe Box?
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 10-12
- Ingredients for Cake
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH’S® Baked Beans with Honey, drained*
- 1 box (16.5 ounce) spice cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained well reserving juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Ingredients for Pineapple Glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Place water and baked beans in a blender and puree.
- Blend spice cake mix, oil, eggs and bean puree in a large bowl at low speed until all ingredients are moistened. Beat at medium speed up to 2 minutes to combine all ingredients.
- Stir in pineapple and walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease sides and bottom of Bundt pan with shortening or oil spray.
- Flour lightly.
- Pour batter in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until done, approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Cake is done when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
Pineapple Glaze Directions: Mix together all ingredients and drizzle over cake.
*for a Vegetarian option use BUSH'S® Vegetarian Baked Beans instead of BUSH'S® Baked Beans with Honey.