"My kids just ate this up & wanted more. It's healthy, delicious and a great recipe for little helpers. My son thinks this is the best thing ever created.," Jacqui, AK - Member of the BUSH'S® Beans Moms & Kids Panel.
Looking for your Recipe Box?
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 4 cups zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick, rings separated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 12"x16" pieces of foil, folded in 1/2
- 8 12"x16" pieces of parchment paper, folded in 1/2
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F or heat grill to medium high.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Toss with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce.
- Combine garlic, olive oil and chili powder. Toss with sliced zucchini, onions and kidney beans.
- Open a double layer of foil; place a piece of parchment paper on top. Fold paper in half and open again.
- Scoop 1/8 of bean mixture on each package, then place chicken on top. Drizzle remaining juice from bean mixture on top of each piece of chicken.
- Fold the paper and foil in half (it should close like a book). Crimp edges starting at the edge of foil, twisting completely to seal. The packages must be tightly sealed so they will capture the steam created when cooking.
- Place packages on a baking sheet; do not overlap or let them touch. Bake until chicken is completely cooked, approximately 15 minutes.
- To grill, place in a single layer over medium heat; cover and let cook until packets puff up and the chicken is completely cooked, approximately 15 minutes.