Full of classic fall flavors, this delicious cake can be topped with whipped cream or your favorite cream cheese icing. Pureed BUSH'S® Country Style Baked Beans add a surprising sweetness.
Looking for your Recipe Box?
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 12
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH’S® Country Style Baked Beans
- 1 pkg (16.25 oz) spice cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup classic applesauce
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Remove the bacon from the can of Country Style Baked Beans. Pour the can of beans and sauce into a blender and puree.
- Combine the cake mix, use ¾ cup of the pureed beans (discard small amount of remaining puree) and 3 eggs in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the applesauce and pumpkin and mix well till all ingredients are combined.
- Spoon batter into a sprayed 9x13 cake pan at 350° F for 30-35 minutes or till a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan.
- Top with whip cream or Cream cheese frosting for fun! Yields 12 servings OR Use cupcake pans with paper liners. Fill 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350° for 12- 15 minutes or till a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Makes 2-3 dozen muffins or frost for a nutritious cupcake.