This dish is very much a warm weather salad that works equally well as either a starter or main dish salad, depending on quantities. Our Garbanzo, Dark Red Kidney and Cannellini beans blend together for a delicious variety of tastes and textures.
These recipes were created with our gluten-free friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas)
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1 can (15.5 oz) BUSH'S® Cannellini Beans
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 fluid oz red wine vinegar
- 1 fluid oz raspberry vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 8 red radishes, sliced very thin
- 5 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1 pint fresh strawberries cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch sections
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Sel Gris (coarse sea salt) and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Dressing: In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the shallots in the vinegars to approximately 100 degrees F and then remove from the heat and cool very quickly in an ice bath.
- In a blender, combine the vinegar and shallot mixture with the egg yolk pulsing quickly until the ingredients are fully blended.
- With the blender running at low speed, slowly drizzle in the canola oil until the dressing is completely emulsified.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Salad: Drain all of the beans and rinse in cold water. In a large mixing bowl, combine the beans, cucumber, radishes, grape tomatoes, onions, chives and strawberries.
- Place one large and one small leaf of butter lettuce on each salad plate, concave side up. Place one-eighth of the salad mixture on each large leaf. With a spoon or squeeze bottle, place dressing in the small lettuce leaf and serve.