This one-skillet dinner blends barbecue sauce, pan fried chicken, BUSH’S® Homestyle Baked Beans and rice to create a satisfying meal that’s ready in about 30 minutes. Fried BBQ Chicken Skillet is the perfect weeknight recipe for families.
We all need at least one trusted GO-TO easy peasy meal…make it a one-pot meal and you’ve struck gold. Dinner on the table in 30 minutes AND only one dish to clean up at the end of the day?! I’m in!!
Do you ever miss some of your summer favorites in the cold months? Winter is full of cozy comfort foods, but why do we need to miss out on foods like barbecue and baked beans just because it’s cold outside? I love the idea of putting a winter spin on a summertime classic. In this Fried BBQ Chicken Skillet all of the flavors of summer just blend together and create a satisfying cozy meal.
Yes, baked beans are typically a summer side, but I love to serve BUSH’S Homestyle Baked Beans along side steak, fried chicken or even eat them right out of the can snuggled in a warm blanket around the fireplace.
Cozy Dinner Table Tips
The dinner table is where we gather to share meals with loved ones, laugh, talk about life and dream of the future…it is the place where some of my family’s most beautiful memories have been made. Nothing beats a chilly winter evening when the nights are long, with a roaring fire to keep our home toasty and warm.
Why not warm up the dinner table as well. It doesn’t have to be fancy…just throw a cozy blanket or scarf over the table, gather a few candles from around the house (I even stuck some battery powered lights in a jar to set the table aglow) and dim the lights.
Even if it’s just our immediate family, I love to play music while I’m fixing dinner and while we enjoy our meal!
Fried BBQ Chicken Skillet Recipe
SERVINGS: 4-5 servings
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5-2 pound chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into strips or bites
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) can of BUSH’S® Homestyle Baked Beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can of corn, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup cheddar jack cheese
- lime wedges (optional)
- Heat oil in large oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Place chicken in the skillet and cook until no longer pink, about 5-8 minutes. Using about 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce, brush each side of chicken with sauce while the other side cooks. Place cooked chicken on a plate and set aside.
- Add BUSH’S® Homestyle Baked Beans, corn, chicken broth and remaining 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce to the empty skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice to combine. Place chicken back in skillet, bring to slow boil, cover and remove from heat. Let stand about 5 – 7 minutes or until rice is tender. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Top with cheese and place skillet in 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with salad or avocados. Garnish with lime.
If you don't have an oven proof skillet; top with cheese and place skillet back on stove top over low heat and cover until cheese has melted, and serve.