This creamy soup, made with sun-dried tomatoes and our plump Garbanzo Beans, is great for that first chilly fall night. It comes together quickly, then simmers for just 20 minutes.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6 cups
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Garbanzo Beans, drained and divided
- 1 cup medium pasta shells, such as cavatelli
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions. At the same time, in a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, rosemary, bay leaf and red pepper flakes. Add 2 cups water, tomatoes, carrots and garbanzo beans, reserving 1 cup whole beans.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Puree vegetable mixture in blender or food processor and return to saucepan.
- Add pasta and remaining whole beans and heat through, adding water if soup is too thick.