This slow-cooked, Southwest-inspired meal with lots of chicken, delicious Black Beans and a hearty blend of spices is ready to serve when you walk in the door.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 15 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 2 cans (15 oz) BUSH'S® Black Beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs or breasts; brown completely.
- Combine chicken, broth, seasonings, onion and rice in slow cooker. Top with beans and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook 4-5 hours on low. Serve topped with cheese.