Recipe created exclusively for BUSH'S® Grillin' Beans® by Chef Jeffrey Saad, grilling expert, television host of numerous food- and cooking-related shows and author of the cookbook, Jeffrey Saad's Global Kitchen: Recipes Without Borders.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 can (22 oz) BUSH'S® Southern Pit Barbecue Grillin™ Beans®
- For Mango Puree:
- 1 jar (12 oz) sliced mango*
- For Chipotle Puree:
- 1 can (7 oz) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- For Marinade:
- 4 tsp ground cumin seed
- 2 tsp salt
- For Chicken:
- 2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally
- 1 each lime, cut into wedges
- 1 12-inch sheet plastic wrap
- For Mango Puree: Pour entire jar of mangos with liquid in blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer to small bowl. Set aside.
- For Chipotle Puree: Pour entire can of chipotle peppers and sauce in blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer to small bowl. Set aside. (Tip: Store extra chipotle puree in refrigerator for up to three weeks. Puree is a great way to add a quick blast of smoky heat to salsas, sauces and eggs.)
- For Marinade: In large bowl, mix together 1 cup Mango Puree, 4 tablespoons Chipotle Puree, cumin and salt. Remove 1/2 cup of marinade and place in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for later use.
- For Chicken: Place chicken in large bowl of remaining marinade, turn to evenly coat. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours to overnight.
- Remove chicken from bowl and place on platter. Wipe off excess marinade and season both sides of chicken with salt.
- Set clean, well-oiled grill to medium-high heat. When grill is hot, using tongs, place chicken on grill. Cook 3 minutes or until golden grill marks appear. Using tongs, flip chicken and cook 2 minutes or until internal temperature is at least 165 degrees F.
- Reduce grill temperature to medium heat. With basting brush, coat one side of chicken with reserved marinade and cook 30 seconds. Flip chicken using tongs. Coat second side of chicken with reserved marinade and cook 30 seconds. Set remaining marinade aside.
- Using tongs, remove chicken from grill and place on platter. Brush chicken with remaining marinade. Squeeze lime over chicken and place lime wedges on plate for garnish.
- Serve with BUSH'S® Southern Pit Barbecue Grillin' Beans.