Our Chili Beans add slow-simmered flavor to this rich chicken chowder, loaded with corn, celery, carrots and cilantro.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Chili Beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cup milk, whole or skim
- 4 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Cook 5 minutes; stir often.
- Add all other ingredients except cilantro and cheese. Bring to a simmer and cook 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with cilantro and cheese.