These spicy fajitas, made with chicken, BUSH'S® Pinto Beans, bell pepper and lemon zest, are served up on tortillas with lettuce, sour cream, cheese and fresh cilantro. They take just 35 minutes to make, but taste like you've been cooking them all day.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Pinto Beans, drained
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and sliced
- 3 tsp Fajita seasoning
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup green and red pepper (mixed), sliced
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced or 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 4 (8-inch) tortillas
- 4 large leaves of iceberg or leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Heat half of the oil in a 10-inch, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooked chicken; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of Fajita seasoning and stir to coat. Remove to plate, keeping partially covered.
- Wipe skillet; heat remaining oil. Add onion and peppers; cook until slightly crisp. Return chicken to pan and stir in beans.
- Stir in lemon juice/lemon zest or lemon pepper. Add 1 teaspoon of Fajita seasoning and toss with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a lettuce leaf in the center of each tortilla. Top each with skillet mixture and sprinkle with remaining Fajita seasoning.
- Serve topped with sour cream, cheese and cilantro.